Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Tell You: She's Mad!





A couple of days ago, I overheard the kids playing downstairs. In the midst of the action, Jacob stopped to announce: "I know why they named you 'Maddie' -- because you are MAD!!" This, of course, was followed by maniacal laughter from his sister.

This is my firstborn. She lives up to all the common birth order stereotypes. She's a leader. She's a watchdog. She's zeroed in on all things fair. She's a mother hen - she loves little kids. She must have her 2 cents added to all discussions. She reminds me of me when I was her age!

She offered this observation over the weekend: "I don't know how I'd ever survive solitary confinement. I'd have no one to talk to but the walls!" I am glad to know that she would try to make the most of the situation!! ;-)

Compassionate. Loving. Goofy. Creative. Intelligent. Voracious reader! Kind. Funny. Memory like an elephant! Dramatic. Giggles constantly. Dances like Elaine! Inquisitive. Imaginative. Talkative. Loves Jesus! Loyal. Opinionated. Quirky. Heart full of joy!

I love my Madeline! Maddie Moo! MadHatter!






3 comments:

  1. Love it. Love it! LOOOOVE IT!!!!! Love her. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my golly....that has GOT to the be the cutest little girl picture of our fav Mad girl! She is the BEST and we sure love having her across the way! She's our number one helper lately! God bless her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she sounds like a wonderful young lady & great big sister. just like i remember her momma being to her little sister when we were little.

    ReplyDelete