Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Would You Take Marriage Advice From This Kid?

Mad & Jake were watching an episode of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" yesterday. The couple getting the new home were also treated to a wedding in Paris. The couple had written their own wedding vows for the ceremony. Jacob, becoming very concerned and alarmed by the exchange, turned to ask me as I walked by, "I'm not gonna have to say those compromises when I get married, am I?! I can't say those compromises!!"

Trying not to choke on my drink, I laughed and asked, "Do you mean their vows? They are saying their wedding vows."

He replied, "Yeah, I don't want to write my own vows. I won't know what to say! And, I am not kissing either!!"

VOWS = COMPROMISE!!

Little does he know that he is wise beyond his years for an 8-year-old!!!
(I'll remind him of this little equation in about 20 years!!)

1 comment: