Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad! (and Pappaw!)

Happy Birthday today to the very first man in my life: my dad!

Diggin' the polyester!
Taking in an Indianapolis Indians game with the family -- when the family only had 2 grandchildren -- now there are seven of them!

I look at this picture and instantly hear Dad say: "Now, Jillzy!"



Maddie and Jacob love and adore their pappaw! Jacob LOVES to play pitch and catch (and show off his sliding abilities) with Dad.







I still keep this notecard from 1990 with me to this day. Along with asking me, "Have you been to the library today?" every time I talked to my dad while I was at IU, he always reminded me that "If it is to be, it is up to me!" How true.

My dad has always been one of my biggest supporters. Not in a "rah-rah" cheerleader kind of way -- that's not his style. He's always been there with words of reassurance or a boyhood story for an example or, sometimes, a firm "No." I often think of where I might be today had he not told me "No!" in 1989. I get it today and am forever thankful that he didn't give in to his incredibly homesick daughter! (Wink! Wink!) He's always been my voice of reason.

Thank you Dad! I hope you have a wonderful day today. I love you very much. Today, I dedicate 61 mustard sandwiches to you!! xoxxoxxoxooxxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment